Thank you for your interest in the Global Support Generalist and Global Support Tech Generalist role. Submitting your information into this posting will enter you into a database that we will access when future job opportunities arise. We will contact you when a job opens that meets your preferences and background.
When submitting your information, you will answer a few questions that will help us determine which Global Support jobs are best suited for you. We will ask questions about your language capabilities, desired working shift, and the number of hours per week you can work.
Below are basic descriptions of the two Global Support jobs. The Global Service Center is a 24/7 operation, therefore we will have job opportunities that cover all shifts. Some jobs may require a temple endowment.
Global Support Generalist:
The Global Support Generalist maintains positive customer relations and coordinates a wide variety of functions as they relate to global support and request fulfillment. The Generalist responds to customer inquiries in an accurate and timely manner using all forms of communication including phone, email, and electronic messages.
- Acts as the first point of contact for all customer phone calls and emails, and provides prompt resolution and troubleshooting for the customer
- Outbound customer contact as required
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, related experience desired
- Ability to learn computer programs, databases, and websites quickly
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer skills
Global Support Tech Generalist:
The Global Support Tech Generalist supports a wide range of desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, software, operating systems, and policies and procedures. The Generalist gathers and analyzes information about the user’s issue to answer basic to intermediate questions about hardware, installation, operation, configuration, policies, procedures, and usage of assigned products.
- Acts as initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email, or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems, applications and/or policies and procedures
- Assists with navigating application menus, may require remote access to customer’s computer
- Troubleshoots network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate or Local Unit network
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent, computer technical support experience desired
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, network troubleshooting including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, and supporting remote users
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding customer skills
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, 0 to 2 years of related experience preferred
• Ability to learn computer programs, databases, and websites quickly
• Quick to respond to requests and completely dependable on follow-through
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Performs work under general supervision
• Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
• Handles basic to intermediate issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to Global Support Specialists
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.lds.org.