FamilySearch Software Engineer - Contract Worker
United States |
ID 243747, Type: Temporary Full-Time
Family History Department
FamilySearch is looking for a talented Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer to help us design and build our large-scale Search systems. This position will involve many aspects of Big Data processing as we work to build systems with billions of records. Responsibilities include designing and developing features that enhance the patron’s search experience, increase system scale/performance and improve system reliability. Excellent leadership, communication, engineering and debugging skills will be critical for this engineer.
We create inspiring experiences that bring joy to all people as they discover, gather, and connect their family - past, present, and future.
Our Quality Standards: Inspiration, Trust, Kindness, Effectiveness, Simplicity
All workers at FamilySearch learn to find their ancestors and help others do the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 2+ years experience developing applications / services
- 2+ years Java or similar language experience (C++, C#,...)
- Concurrent Java programming experience
- Linux experience
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch or other similar technologies).
- Experience with Spark, Amazon EMR or other MapReduce frameworks
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, SQS and SNS)
- Experience with relational databases (Aurora Postgres)
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS)
- Software development and test engineering experience on large projects.
- Development or automated testing of n-tier distributed Java applications (REST).
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Benefits provided by 3rd party contract employer.
Maximum contract: 2 years