On-Call Clerk (Part Time) - Salt Lake City, UT Family Services Agency
United States |
UT-Salt Lake City
ID 254327, Type: Temporary Part-Time
Welfare Self Reliance Department
This role helps to foster self-reliance, care for the poor and the needy, and provide opportunities for giving and service by: helping members become economically and emotionally self-reliant; providing access to essential food and clothing items, helping members prepare for and respond to disasters; and providing humanitarian aid to relieve suffering; thus furthering the mission of the Church.
This position provides entry level secretarial and clerical support to the manager and/or counselors in an office. The incumbent maintains a confidential, client friendly atmosphere. The number of on-call clerks needed in an office and the number of hours they each work will depend upon the number of hours worked by on-call counselors.
1. Uses personal computers and other standard office equipment and software programs.
2. Screens phone calls, mail, and visitors for assigned managers/counselors.
3. Keeps track of assigned managers/counselors calendars and makes appointments on software.
4. Creates and maintains database and files.
5. Follows standard LDS Family Services Policies and Procedures.
6. Keeps work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
7. May provide back-up support for Advanced MD and Bluestep.
1. Demonstrated proficiency in secretarial skills normally developed with at least 1 year of experience or comparable training.
2. Must be proficient with Microsoft products.
3. Must be able to type 60 words per minute.
4. Must have excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
5. Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
6. Ability to work with basic computer functions.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.