GSD Full-Time Global Support Tech Specialist, English with Russian required
United States |
UT-Salt Lake City
ID 254777, Type: Regular Full-Time
No Closing Date
Global Services Department
Imagine being in an environment where you can help, serve and build the Kingdom of God – in the workplace. This unique opportunity gives you the chance to think beyond yourself by recognizing the diversity of languages, cultures and people we serve at the Global Service Center. This part-time position will give you the experience of working in an inbound call center environment while providing global IT support to employees around the world by taking phone calls, chats and email tickets. The Global Tech Support Representative supports a wide range of desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, software, operating systems, and policies and procedures for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Our day runs smoother when IT runs at its best! You will have the chance to brighten someone’s day with each phone call, chat and email.
Starting wage: $18.
This is a full-time position that requires working 40 hours per week.
- Initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems, applications and/or policies and procedures
- Provides technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
- Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer's computer.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate or Local Unit network.
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
- Accurately document all customer contact information in case management system
- Responsible for staying up-to-date with current industry trends
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science field, Information Systems preferred
- 2 to 4 years Previous computer technical support experience
- Strong Knowledge of computer hardware, Church meetinghouse technology, network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses, VPN software, supporting remote users.
- Performs work under general supervision
- Required to fluent in Russian and English
- Proficient with troubleshooting all Windows Operating systems
- Eager to excel in responsibilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Outstanding customer skills, with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.