Seminary & Institute Teacher (Boise, Idaho)
United States |
ID 262773, Type: Temporary Part-Time
No Closing Date
Seminaries & Institutes
Seminaries and Institutes of Religion
Do you love teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ? If so, this position could be for you! The Boise Area is searching for full and part-time Seminary and Institute Teachers. Ideal candidates will have a love of youth and young adults coming from all walks of life. They will be individuals of high character and have a capacity to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ in a Christ centered, learner focused, and scripturally based way. We are looking for dedicated individuals who are effective administrators who can work well with parents and priesthood leaders as they strive to help the rising generation.
In addition to this application, please go to myinstitute.churchofjesuschrist.org and register for the teaching workshop (REL 471). If you have difficulty registering, please contact DavisJL@churchofjesuschrist.org.
- Teach students the doctrines and principles of the gospel as found in the scriptures and the words of the prophets.
- Teach in a way that leads to understanding and edification.
- Use approved curriculum and materials.
- Teach the number of classes recommended by policy in consultation with the area director.
Seek to Develop Professionally
- Accept faculty assignments.
- Observe classroom teaching and provide helpful feedback to teachers.
- Strive for continual professional growth.
Establish an Effective Working Relationships
- Provide useful information and respect the priesthood leader’s time.
- Establish clear and consistent methods of communication.
Enroll and Encourage Students
- Work closely with priesthood leaders in identifying and enrolling all potential students.
- Cultivate a learning environment of love, respect, and purpose in your classroom.
Seminary instructors are expected to work the time necessary to accomplish their assigned teaching and administrative responsibilities. Full-time seminary instructors are not eligible for overtime.
- Those in a trimester system should teach four of the five trimester classes each trimester. Those in the eight-period block system should teach six of the eight classes each semester. Those in a seven-period day should teach a minimum of six classes.
- When possible, the student to teacher ratio should be approximately 150-180 to one. It is recommended that there be no more than thirty-five students per class.
- (Seminary) Bachelor’s degree from an approved and accredited institution of higher learning, the successful completion of meticulous religious teacher training (preservice) and student teaching.
- (Institute) Master’s degree from an approved and accredited institution of higher learning, the successful completion of meticulous religious teacher training (preservice) and student teaching
- Be a worthy and active member of the Church and hold a current temple recommend.
- Exhibit a testimony of the Savior and His restored gospel.
- Exemplify Church teachings regarding marriage and family life.
- Have and maintain a reputation of meeting financial commitments.
- Relate to and be able to manage a classroom of teenagers.
- Demonstrate outstanding scripture-teaching skills both face-to-face and online.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.