Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice. (nontech123)
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org.
About Working for the Church
Property Reserve, Inc. (“PRI”) is the commercial real estate investment group for the reserve fund of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Building on more than 50 years of experience, PRI has established a reputation for excellence in the United States and has expanded into international markets within the last five years. Unique in the industry, PRI’s investment activities span the development spectrum and include transitioning agricultural land, development, transactions, asset management, and private, non-traded REIT investments.
Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, PRI offers a healthy work-life balance with quick access to outdoor recreation and many other activities. With company growth accelerating, so too have employment and long-term career opportunities. Our connection to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides a faith-based cultural environment fostering high standards of conduct and excellence in all that we do. Our values define the working environment we strive to create—collaborative, supportive, inclusive, and empowering.
The Analyst provides strategy, research, financial analysis, data modelling, and technical support in valuing assets and evaluating asset and portfolio returns, performing in-depth market research, and running portfolio optimization analytics.
Analysts will work on multiple projects supporting all aspects of the investment process, utilizing a range of skills. Analysts will interact with professionals across multiple functions, including the Transactions, Asset Management, Land, and Finance teams, and will also work with global teams related to third-party advisory work and private REIT sponsors.
Analysts in this position will be exposed to institutional strategy, research, investment, and asset management activities as well as access to industry-leading market participants in the United States, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Analyze investment opportunities through market research, in depth financial analysis, and complex financial modelling
- Write reports, memoranda, and presentations, presenting findings at transaction review, private REIT committee, and investment committee meetings, as well as board meetings of the investment vehicles
- Support transactions including investment underwriting, due diligence processes, structuring, and closing
- Create and maintain presentation materials for senior management
- Conduct macro/micro research for both investment opportunities and corporate strategy
- Draft quarterly reporting documents for senior management and investment committees
- Support broader team and contribute to strategic projects
- Coordinate, compile, review and summarize property-related due diligence materials. Work with advisors, brokers, and principals on issues related to asset due diligence. Coordinate with appraisers and other due diligence vendors as required
- Assist Asset Management as needed with transition of assets upon closing
- Contribute to the improvement of existing processes and promote the adoption of best practices as related to the above duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation and writing of executive summaries, investment briefs, and memos related to potential investments, both properties and private REITs
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, accounting, or relevant field
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and execute a wide range of assignments
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit; passion for excellence and desire to learn
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Keen interest in real estate and financial markets
- Positive attitude
- Sound commercial real estate experience
- Good understanding of accounting and experience in financial analysis and modelling with advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diverse extracurricular activities
- Accuracy and attention to detail--fastidious
- High level of proficiency in Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet numerous deadlines
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Solid understanding of financial concepts with time value of money